Creating your own DIY Mason jar potpourri is a simple and delightful way to add a natural and fragrant touch to your home. Here’s a basic recipe to get you started:
- Dried Flowers and Herbs:
- Rose petals
- Eucalyptus leaves
- Mint leaves
- Cinnamon sticks
- Star anise
- Orange peel
- Lemon peel
- Dried berries
- Essential Oils (optional):
- Prepare the Ingredients:
- Gather your dried flowers, herbs, spices, and citrus peels. Make sure they are thoroughly dried to prevent mold.
- Start by layering the bottom of your Mason jar with a mix of dried flowers and herbs. This forms the base of your potpourri.
- Add Spices and Citrus:
- Place cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, orange peel, and lemon peel on top of the dried flowers and herbs. These add depth and a pleasant aroma.
- Include Extras:
- Toss in some pinecones and dried berries for texture and visual appeal. These also contribute to the fragrance.
- Essential Oils (Optional):
- If you want to intensify the fragrance, add a few drops of essential oils. Lavender, orange, and eucalyptus are popular choices. Be cautious not to overdo it; a little goes a long way.
- Mix and Seal:
- Gently mix the layers to distribute the scents evenly. Seal the jar tightly to preserve the fragrance.
- Place your Mason jar potpourri in areas where you want to enjoy the fragrance. Popular spots include living rooms, bathrooms, or bedrooms.
- Over time, the potency of the potpourri will diminish. You can refresh it by gently shaking the jar or adding a few more drops of essential oils.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!