How to Clean Microfiber Cleaning Cloths? Cleaning microfiber cleaning cloths is a straightforward process, and it’s essential to do it regularly to maintain their effectiveness. Microfiber cloths are great for cleaning because their tiny fibers can trap dirt and dust effectively.
Here’s how to clean them:
- Separate by Use: If you use your microfiber cloths for different tasks (e.g., dusting, cleaning glass, and wiping counters), separate them into piles to prevent cross-contamination.
- Shake Out Loose Debris: Take each cloth outside and give it a good shake to remove loose dirt and debris. This will prevent excess dirt from clogging the fibers during washing.
- Pre-Treat Stains: If there are stains or particularly stubborn spots on the cloths, pre-treat them with a bit of stain remover or a mixture of mild detergent and water. Gently rub the affected area and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Wash Separately: Microfiber cloths should be washed separately from other types of fabric. This will help avoid lint from cotton or other materials sticking to the microfiber.
- Use Warm Water: Wash the microfiber cloths in warm water. Avoid using hot water as it can damage the fibers. Use a mild detergent, as harsh chemicals can also affect the microfiber’s performance.
- Skip Fabric Softener: Do not use fabric softeners or bleach when washing microfiber cloths. These can leave a residue on the fibers that reduces their cleaning ability.
- Choose the Right Cycle: Use a gentle or delicate cycle on your washing machine. High-speed spins can damage the fibers, so choose a slower spin cycle.
- Air Dry: It’s best to air dry microfiber cloths. Hanging them outside in the fresh air is ideal, but you can also lay them flat on a clean surface indoors. Avoid using a tumble dryer, as the heat can damage the microfiber.
- Check for Residue: Once the cloths are dry, check for any detergent or fabric softener residue. If you find any, rinse the cloths in warm water and then dry them again.
- Fold and Store: Fold your clean microfiber cloths and store them in a clean, dry place until your next use. Be sure to keep them away from dirty or dusty areas to maintain their cleanliness.
To purchase the best Cleaning products recommended by professionals, go to our Cleany Store!