How to Organize Toiletries? Toiletries can feel like a complex category to organize but I’ve found oversimplification is the best way to keep them neat and tidy. A few key categories and easy to access storage containers are all you need to keep toiletries organized.
Follow these steps:
Declutter: Before organizing, go through your toiletries and discard any expired or unused items. This will reduce clutter and make it easier to organize what you actually use.
- Categorize: Group your toiletries into categories. Common categories include skincare, haircare, dental care, first aid, and grooming products.
- Gather Supplies: You’ll need storage solutions to organize your toiletries. Common options include baskets, trays, drawers, shelves, and storage containers. Consider what will work best in your specific space.
- Designate Storage Space: Choose a specific location in your bathroom to store your toiletries. This could be a shelf, a drawer, under the sink, or a designated cabinet. Ensure it’s easily accessible.
- Use Clear Containers: Transparent or clear containers make it easier to see what’s inside. Consider using clear bins or containers for smaller items like cotton balls, cotton swabs, and makeup brushes.
- Label or Categorize: Label your containers or use color-coding to differentiate between categories. This makes it easy to find what you need at a glance.
- Drawer Dividers: For bathroom drawers, consider using dividers or small trays to separate items. This prevents items from getting jumbled together.
- Hanging Organizers: For items like hairdryers or straighteners, consider hanging organizers on the back of cabinet doors to save space.
- Rolling Cart: If you have a lot of toiletries, a rolling cart with multiple tiers can provide extra storage and can easily be moved if necessary.
- Regular Maintenance: Periodically go through your toiletries to ensure everything is still in good condition and that you’re not accumulating items you don’t need.
- Travel Toiletries: Consider keeping a separate bag or container for travel-sized toiletries. This will make it easier to pack for trips.
- Medications: Store medications in a separate, secure location, out of reach of children.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!