How to Remove Pit Stains? If you’ve ever wondered how to remove pit stains, I have a simple two-ingredient process for you. There are a variety of methods you can use, this is my favorite because I’ve found it to be the simplest and most effective.
Materials you will need:
- White Vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Liquid Laundry Detergent
- An Old Toothbrush or Soft Brush
- Act Quickly: The sooner you treat the pit stain, the easier it will be to remove. Don’t let the stain set in.
- Blot the Stain: If the stain is fresh, use a clean cloth or paper towel to blot (not rub) the affected area. This will help absorb some of the sweat or deodorant residue.
- Rinse with Cold Water: Rinse the stained area with cold water to remove as much of the stain as possible.
- Apply White Vinegar: Pour a small amount of white vinegar directly onto the pit stain. White vinegar helps break down the proteins in sweat and deodorant that cause the stain. Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes.
- Scrub with Baking Soda: Make a paste by mixing baking soda with a small amount of water. Use an old toothbrush or a soft brush to scrub the paste into the stain. Baking soda is a gentle abrasive that can help lift the stain.
- Apply Hydrogen Peroxide: Pour a bit of hydrogen peroxide directly onto the stain. Hydrogen peroxide can help bleach out any remaining discoloration. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Wash as Usual: After treating the stain, wash the clothing item as you normally would. Use the hottest water temperature that’s safe for the fabric and follow the care label instructions. Add liquid laundry detergent to the wash to help break down any remaining residues.
- Check Before Drying: Before you put the clothing in the dryer, check to ensure the stain is completely gone. Heat from the dryer can set in any remaining stain.
- Air Dry: Once the stain is completely gone, allow the clothing item to air dry. Check again for any remaining traces of the stain before storing or wearing it.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!