How to Wash Makeup Brushes? Cleaning your makeup brushes regularly is essential to maintain good hygiene and ensure the longevity of your brushes. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to wash your makeup brushes:
- Mild soap or baby shampoo
- Warm water
- Brush cleaning pad or glove (optional)
- Gather Your Brushes:
- Collect all the makeup brushes you want to clean.
- Rinse with Warm Water:
- Hold the brush bristles facing downward under lukewarm running water. Avoid getting water into the ferrule (the metal part where the bristles are attached) as this can weaken the glue over time.
- Apply Soap or Shampoo:
- Put a small amount of mild soap or baby shampoo onto the palm of your hand or a brush cleaning pad/glove.
- Lather and Clean:
- Gently swirl the brush bristles in the soap, creating a lather. If you’re using a cleaning pad or glove, rub the bristles against the textured surface to help dislodge makeup.
- Rinse Thoroughly:
- Rinse the brush under running water again, continuing to keep the bristles facing downward until the water runs clear. Make sure to remove all soap residues.
- Shape the Brushes:
- Gently reshape the bristles with your fingers if needed. Ensure the brush retains its original shape.
- Remove Excess Water:
- Gently squeeze out any excess water from the bristles using a clean towel. Be careful not to tug or pull on the bristles.
- Dry Flat:
- Lay the brushes flat on a clean towel to air dry. Make sure the bristles are hanging off the edge of a counter or table to allow air circulation. This helps prevent water from seeping into the ferrule and weakening the glue.
- Avoid Drying Upright:
- It’s generally not recommended to dry brushes upright because water can seep into the ferrule, causing damage to the bristles and handle.
- Repeat for All Brushes:
- Repeat the process for all your brushes.
To purchase the best Cleaning products recommended by professionals, go to our Cleany Store!