The Daily Kitchen Reset” is a routine aimed at maintaining cleanliness and organization in the kitchen. It involves a series of tasks to be performed regularly, ideally daily, to keep the kitchen functional and pleasant to work in.
Here’s a suggested outline for a daily kitchen reset:
Start by clearing off any clutter or items that don’t belong on the countertops. Wipe down the surfaces with a damp cloth or disinfectant spray.
Wash any dishes that have accumulated throughout the day. If you have a dishwasher, load it up and run a cycle. Otherwise, wash dishes by hand and let them air dry.
- Clean Appliances: Wipe down the exterior of appliances such as the stove, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker. Check inside the microwave and toaster for any spills or crumbs that need to be wiped away.
- Sweep/Vacuum Floors: Sweep or vacuum the kitchen floors to remove any crumbs or debris. Pay attention to corners and under cabinets where dirt tends to accumulate.
- Mop Floors: If necessary, mop the floors with a solution of warm water and floor cleaner. Focus on high-traffic areas and any spots that may have become sticky or stained.
- Empty Trash Bin: Take out the trash and replace the bag with a fresh one. This helps prevent odors and keeps pests away.
- Organize Pantry/Cabinets: Spend a few minutes organizing pantry shelves and kitchen cabinets. Toss expired items, consolidate duplicates, and straighten up any items that have become disheveled.
- Wipe Down Surfaces: Use a disinfectant spray or wipes to clean commonly touched surfaces such as door handles, light switches, and drawer pulls.
- Restock Supplies: Check supplies of essential items such as dish soap, paper towels, and trash bags. Restock as needed to ensure you have everything on hand for the next day.
- Final Check: Take a quick look around the kitchen to make sure everything is in order. Adjust as necessary to ensure the kitchen is clean, organized, and ready for use.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!