How to Keep Towels Soft + Fluffy? Keeping towels soft and fluffy involves proper care and washing techniques.
Here are some tips to help maintain the softness and fluffiness of your towels:
- Use Vinegar Instead of Fabric Softener:
- Fabric softeners can leave a residue on towels, making them less absorbent and reducing their softness over time. Instead, add half a cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle. This helps to break down detergent residue and keeps towels soft.
- Avoid Overloading the Washing Machine:
- Overloading the washing machine can prevent towels from getting a thorough clean. Wash them in smaller loads to ensure they have enough space to agitate and rinse properly.
- Choose the Right Detergent:
- Opt for a mild detergent that doesn’t contain harsh chemicals. Harsh detergents can strip towels of their natural softness. Look for a detergent specifically formulated for sensitive skin or one that is free of dyes and perfumes.
- Wash in Warm Water:
- Washing towels in warm water helps to remove oils and dirt more effectively than cold water. Hot water can damage the fibers over time, so warm water is generally the best compromise.
- Skip the Fabric Softener:
- While fabric softeners can make towels feel soft initially, they can also reduce absorbency and leave a residue. Over time, this can make towels feel less fluffy. Stick to the vinegar rinse mentioned earlier for a natural alternative.
- Tumble Dry on Low Heat:
- High heat can damage the fibers in towels, making them feel stiff and scratchy. Opt for low or medium heat when tumble drying. If possible, let towels air-dry outside for a fresh scent.
- Add Dryer Balls or Tennis Balls:
- Toss a few dryer balls or clean tennis balls into the dryer with your towels. This helps to fluff the towels as they dry, keeping them soft and fluffy.
- Avoid Overdrying:
- Overdrying towels can lead to stiffness. Remove towels from the dryer as soon as they are dry. If you’re line-drying, shake them out before hanging to promote fluffiness.
- Shake Out and Fold Immediately:
- Once the towels are dry, give them a good shake to fluff up the fibers. Fold them immediately to prevent wrinkles and maintain their softness.
- Deep Clean Occasionally:
- Over time, towels can accumulate residue from detergents and fabric softeners. Occasionally, run towels through a hot water cycle with no detergent and a cup of vinegar to deep clean and refresh them.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!
To purchase the best Cleaning products recommended by professionals, go to our Cleany Store!