How to Naturally Clean Any Washing Machine? Cleaning your washing machine regularly is important to ensure that it functions efficiently and produces clean clothes.
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Microfiber cloth or sponge
- Essential oils (optional, for a pleasant scent)
- Old toothbrush
- Hot water
Empty the Washing Machine:
- Make sure the washing machine is empty of clothes.
- Check and remove any loose items or debris from the drum.
- Clean the Dispensers:
- Remove the detergent, fabric softener, and bleach dispensers (if applicable).
- Soak them in a solution of equal parts hot water and white vinegar.
- Use an old toothbrush to scrub away any residue.
- Wipe Down the Drum:
- Dampen a microfiber cloth or sponge with a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water.
- Wipe down the inside of the drum, paying attention to the rubber gasket around the door.
- Clean the Door and Seals:
- Mix a solution of one part white vinegar and one part water.
- Use this solution to clean the door and rubber seals. An old toothbrush can be helpful for getting into crevices.
- Run a Hot Water Cycle with Vinegar:
- Pour two cups of white vinegar into the detergent dispenser.
- Set the washing machine to the hottest water setting.
- Run a complete wash cycle without any clothes. This helps to disinfect and remove built-up grime.
Run a Baking Soda Cycle:
- Sprinkle one cup of baking soda directly into the drum.
- Run a second hot water cycle.
- This helps neutralize odors and break down any remaining residue.
Wipe Down Exterior Surfaces:
- Clean the exterior surfaces of the washing machine, including the control panel, with a damp cloth.
- Air Out the Drum:
- Leave the door ajar after cleaning to allow the drum to dry thoroughly and prevent mold growth.
- Optional: Add Essential Oils:
- For a pleasant scent, you can add a few drops of your favorite essential oil (such as tea tree oil or lavender) to the vinegar or baking soda during the cleaning process.
- Regular Maintenance:
- To prevent future build-up, periodically run a hot water cycle with vinegar and wipe down the drum and seals.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!