How to Safely Launder Face Masks? A quick laundering or washing is necessary to keep masks in tip-top shape and to keep them clean.
To safely launder face masks, follow these steps:
If the mask is visibly soiled or stained, pre-treat it by gently rubbing a small amount of detergent directly onto the soiled area. Allow it to sit for a few minutes before laundering.
- Separation: Wash masks separately from other laundry items to avoid cross-contamination.
- Machine Wash: Use a washing machine with a mild detergent and wash masks in warm water. Hot water may degrade the fabric or elastic over time, so stick to warm water (unless otherwise specified by the manufacturer).
- Gentle Cycle: Opt for the gentle cycle on your washing machine to prevent excessive wear and tear on the mask’s fabric and elastic.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals: Avoid using bleach or harsh chemicals unless the mask manufacturer specifically recommends them. These substances can damage the fabric or cause skin irritation.
- Air Dry: After washing, air dry the masks by laying them flat or hanging them up. Avoid using a dryer unless the mask’s care instructions explicitly state it is safe to do so. High heat from dryers can damage elastic and certain fabrics.
- Inspect: Before reusing the mask, inspect it for any damage or signs of wear. Discard masks that are damaged or no longer fit properly.
- Storage: Store clean masks in a clean, dry place, such as a paper bag or breathable container, until they are ready for use.
- Frequency: Regularly launder masks after each use, especially if they have been exposed to bodily fluids or if used in high-risk environments.
- Follow Manufacturer’s Instructions: Always defer to any specific laundering instructions provided by the manufacturer of the face mask, as different materials may have different care requirements.
To purchase the best Cleaning products recommended by professionals, go to our Cleany Store!