In the hustle and bustle of everyday life, a calm home often feels like it’s just out of reach. We rush from task to task, sometimes without taking a moment to breathe, let alone reflect on the spaces that surround us.
Here are some steps to help you declutter and achieve instant calm:
- Gather Supplies:
- Trash bag or bin
- Recycling bin
- Donation box (for items you no longer need)
- Cleaning supplies (microfiber cloth, all-purpose cleaner)
- Clear the Surface: Start by removing everything from the surface. Place items on a nearby table or the floor. This step allows you to start with a clean slate.
- Sort and Prioritize: Categorize the items you’ve removed into groups:
- Items to keep on the surface
- Items to relocate elsewhere
- Items to toss or recycle
- Items to donate or give away
- Clean the Surface: Use a microfiber cloth and all-purpose cleaner to thoroughly clean the now-empty surface. This step not only makes the space visually cleaner but also feels refreshing.
- Organize the Essentials: Only put back the items that are essential to have on this surface. This could be a few decorative pieces or functional items like a lamp, keyboard, or kitchen appliances. Keep it minimal and purposeful.
- Find Homes for the Rest: Items that don’t belong on this surface should find their designated homes. If you’re not sure where something belongs, consider if it’s necessary and if not, it may be time to let it go.
- Declutter and Dispose:
- Throw away trash and items that are no longer usable.
- Recycle any items that can be recycled.
- Place items for donation in your donation box.
- Maintain Regularly: To prevent clutter from accumulating, make decluttering a regular habit. Set aside a few minutes each day or week to tidy up this surface.
- Personal Touches: Finally, add a personal touch to the decluttered surface. It could be a small potted plant, a framed photo, or a decorative item that brings you joy.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!